About the internship:
PhonePe is the leader in UPI based payments in India. Our goal is to make digital payments so easy, safe and universally accepted that people never feel the need to carry cash or cards again. We believe India is at the cusp of a new mobile revolution, which will change the way we manage our money on the go. We see ourselves facilitating this change, through technology and dogged customer centricity. PhonePe started in 2015 and crossed 2 bn transactions on its platform in 2019. We have a customer base of 150+ mm users and 6 mm merchants live on our platform.
Summary: The role will entail developing in-depth understanding of Key Accounts of different industry verticals – F&B / Hospitality / FMCG / FMCD / Healthcare & Wellness / Lifestyle. The incumbent will be responsible for not only adding new key accounts to our network, but also to nurture and grow them.
The role will report to a Cluster Manager and it is 6 days working. This is an On field role.
Merchant Acquisition: The incumbent is expected to onboard new merchants in the geography allocated to him/her. Since payments are agnostic to the category of business, the spectrum of merchants that can be onboarded is vast. The incumbent must use her/his acumen and understanding of Indian retail ecosystem to come up with holistic solutions for the key accounts.
Account Management: Onboarding merchants on the platform is the first stage of a long-term relationship between PhonePe and the account. The strength of these relationships, combined with our technology based solutions, will eventually determine the success in each market when the revenue numbers will be evaluated. The incumbent’s task is to develop deep understanding and hold over each account that any competitor finds it an uphill task to even enter the account.
Map Competition: To be able to take timely action, it is imperative that we monitor the market and be informed of competition’s activity in key accounts. This will ensure that appropriate response strategies are being formulated and implemented. The incumbent must keep a close watch on competition, share best practices internally and ensure that PhonePe always stays one step ahead in the market.
Who can apply?
Only those candidates can apply who:
- Only MBA (2020 & 21) Batch can apply provided they are willing to join immediately and work as interns for 2-3 months
- Upon successful completion of the internship and achieving the targets set by Business team, The mentioned batch students will be eligible for a PPO
- Have relevant skills and interest
- Have sound geographical knowledge of the location they are applying to
- Can speak the local language proficiently
- Must be in the location that they are applying to/ in the same state. Please note- Openings are available in : Bhubaneswar & Kolkata
- Internship Duration : 2-3 Months
- Stipend during Internship : 20,000INR p.m.
- Conversion to Full time employees: Upon successful completion of the internship and achieving the targets set by Business team
- The salary upon conversion will be
|PhonePe Private Limited|
|Total Fixed Compensation||414,121|
Register Here: https://forms.gle/dSnVfs4nPwfhX8376